Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm looking for the OEM Yamaha passing lamps and saddlebag guards for the 950.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The OEM’s are getting hard to find. I can get you the part number tomorrow. I think I saw some on e bay recently. Can be kind of pricey.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The OEM’s are getting hard to find. I can get you the part number tomorrow. I think I saw some on e bay recently. Can be kind of pricey.
I've been looking all over for some and haven't been able to find anything! I didn't realize the OEM parts were so hard to track down.

·
Super Moderator
7,395 Posts
Redbird58 is correct, OEM parts for 950’s are getting scarce, I couldn’t find a passing lamp kit for mine that I liked so I want the switchback bulbs.

$20.00 a pair from Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Redbird58 is correct, OEM parts for 950’s are getting scarce, I couldn’t find a passing lamp kit for mine that I liked so I want the switchback bulbs.

$20.00 a pair from Amazon.

Keith, it was actually a post from you referencing those switchbacks that made me get them for mine! I can already tell between that and swapping the headlight bulb for an LED that I am getting noticed more on the road. I have just always liked the way passing lamps looked on a bike, and the added lighting is always a plus. Do you know of any aftermarket passing lamp kits for the 950 that look good? I had seen a couple from Show Chrome, but wasn't sure of the quality of the product.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
If you find a kit or a used one I have the install manual that I can send you as a pdf to see if all the parts are there. Just let me know. I would check e bay or even check with a dealer near you. They may have one on a shelf somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
7,395 Posts
Thale51,
Glad you’re happy with the switchbacks, they do get you noticed more. I’ve seen the show chrome setup that you’re referring to. For the amount of money that they wanted at the time, I wasn’t impressed with them. I also like the looks of the passing lamps, and love having them on my RoadStar. I suggest to keep looking, somewhere there’s a set in someone’s overstock with your name on them!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
@Thale51 I saw a kit on e bay. Just a tad over 400. shipped. Kind of pricey but they are getting few a far between. I put LED's in mine this weekend. They are now as bright as the switchbacks and the headlight. There is another one that was around 300 but not sure if it had all the parts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw these on EBay,

They both state they’ll work on 950’s.

Those don’t look too bad! I saw that OEM kit on EBay for $400, I just don’t know if I want to shell out that much for lights. Especially since I’m really wanting to get a Mustang or Ultimate seat to replace the stock seat. I’ll definitely keep looking though!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
@Thale51 Have you checked out Mean City Cycles for your seat? They modify the existing seat cheaper than you can get a Mustang or other brand. I have seen them mentioned on here before. It may save you a few bucks then you can get the passing lamps!(y)(y)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Thale51 Have you checked out Mean City Cycles for your seat? They modify the existing seat cheaper than you can get a Mustang or other brand. I have seen them mentioned on here before. It may save you a few bucks then you can get the passing lamps!(y)(y)
Never heard of them! That definitely could be an option though lol. I'll check them out!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts