Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my "new" 09 Strat Thurs.

Said goodby to the 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad I've ridden for the past four years. With 43K miles on the clock and lack of good balance (too top heavy) plus needed tires so thought it was a good time to make a change.

Installed Ultimate seat for the 120 mile ride home. Spent most of the ride just trying to stay out of the way of many trucks and traffic in general plus trying to get comfortable with the new scoot. Plus freezing my a** off with temp in low 40's with heavy winds made for an interesting ride home.

Spent most of the day Fri installing Avon grips, Lindy hwy bar, rear crash bar, luggage rack, few other Yamaha items plus wired GPS, power outlet and few things I took off the Nomad.

So, today is suppose to be high mid-60's and plan to get out and RIDE. :)

More later....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had my new/old Stratoliner a week and so far so good. Took a 250 miles trip up the road on Saturday and liked the power, and handling. Now gonna work on making it "mine". Oh, and I live in Florida, so hopefully don't have to worry too much about the cold and snow. My future mods: risers, plate laydown, windshield bag and Ultimate seat.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Just got my Strat is Sept. been loving it ever since and I came from a sportbike. :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Aw another victim bitten by the liner bug.It's a great bug to be bitten by.Congrats on the new scoot.It only gets better the more you ride it.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got any shots of what you used for the power plug you wired in?
Don't have picture but the unit is 1423 Kuryakyn. Expensive but well made.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts