Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

2004 Vstar 1100 Classic. I bought it around April and rode it for a couple months. Not sure what oil the previous owner used, but I started to get some clutch slippage. So I decided to change the oil to see if that fixed the issue. So I changed the oil and used 20w-50 semi synthetic. Took care of the issue. I already know about not using oils with the energy or resource saving label.

So anyways, my question is this. I work in a Diesel Shop. SO I have access to free Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Diesel Oil, BUT, we only have 5w-30. Would I be ok using this? Or I have access to Rotella 10w-40 conventional diesel oil.

Also, does anyone know anything about oil for natural gas engines? Because we also have that in conventional.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i'v always thought diesel oils have higher detergent levels that's why i personally don't use them in my bikes, but others have used them with no problems

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm very familiar with the Rotella diesel and used it in my bikes for years. I know lots for guys that use it. I only stopped using it a few years ago when I went full synthetic because I'm lazy and want a longer change interval.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts