Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have the 2014 Yamaha Stratoliner S OEM drain plug and crush washer part numbers. I can find a whole lot of parts, but none that truly identify them as plug and washer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Try searching and looking at images of,
Yamaha Plug 90340-14005-00
Yamaha gasket 214-11198-01-00
The plug should look like this, 19mm hex head.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the two drain bolts and gaskets on the crankcase cover the same size or are they different bolts/ gaskets? Part numbers for them?

·
Registered
2006 Roadstar Silverado
1,369 Posts
Only the transfer case gear oil drains from a cover.engine oil drains are in the engine case and transfer case

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here are 2 part break downs. I can see the one on the crankcase cover for the 2 drain ports for the clutch/transmission, but for the life of me, I can not find the one for the bottom drain port. Got the pics from www.yamahapartsmonster.com It looks like number 55 & 56 in the crankcase cover breakdown is the 2 side drain plugs/ crush washers. They both use the same plug and washers which seems logical. I think number 20 & 21 is the main bolt/crush washer for the main oil drain plug in the crankcase cover breakdown, but there is nothing that says that as a fact. I really appreciate all the feedback from everyone.

2014 Yamaha STRATOLINE S (XV19CTSES) Crankcase | Yamaha Parts Monster
2014 Yamaha STRATOLINE S (XV19CTSES) Crankcase Cover 1 | Yamaha Parts Monster

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a stuck plug in the rear most hole on my stratoliner. Stupid 17mm head doesn't leave enough room to get a box end wrench in there, I have been looking for skinny wrench all winter with no luck. I ordered three new plugs that have a 14 mm head on the 14x1.5 bolt. I will be changing my oil about memorial day or before, I will try to remember and report back after that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a stuck plug in the rear most hole on my stratoliner. Stupid 17mm head doesn't leave enough room to get a box end wrench in there, I have been looking for skinny wrench all winter with no luck. I ordered three new plugs that have a 14 mm head on the 14x1.5 bolt. I will be changing my oil about memorial day or before, I will try to remember and report back after that.
I’ve heard that’s an issue. They do make thin wall wrenches and sockets but they have to be ordered online. The wrenches are essentially flat bar stock that looks like a wrench.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I bought copper crush washers at O'REILLY auto that fit perfectly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is a thin wall impact socket set that can be ordered through Home Depot’s Husky line of tools. I wouldn’t use an impact driver though, just a 3/8 socket handle. The thin wall should get up around the head of the bolt. Also, I know most people would advise against this, but I use an anti- seize compound on the threads to keep them from locking up in the future. Keep in mind to buy a metric set and don’t over tighten or the next time you’ll be pulling the threads out with the drain bolt. Then you’ll really know what a bad day is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have thought about anti-seize, the bad thing is I am the one who changed the oil and I KNOW I wouldn't have tightened that on very much. I have wrenched on machines for over 20 years and know all about tightening things to much and trying to take them back off after several thermocycles. The new bolts are supposed to be in today and I should have some time next week, I may go ahead and change the oil when I can instead of waiting for the end of the month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts