Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Ok, this question maybe dumb but this is my first time doing an oil change on a vstar, i got a replacement oil filter from a dealer and they gave me a HiFlow Filtro HF145 but its just the insert part of the filter, is this right?....i took off the old filter and its the whole thing....am I sopossed to pull apart the old filter and put the new filter inside the old chrome casing?...if so, how is that done?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The factory oil filter is located on the right side of the motor and requires removal of the front exhaust pipe to access it. It sounds like you have an aftermarket oil filter relocation kit. Is your filter mounted in front of the motor and bolted to the frame with 2 hoses attached to the filter mount? If so, you have a filter relocation kit. If that's the case, take your old filter with you wherever you are going to buy one so they can match it up. My relocation kit is a Perf-Form and uses a Fram 6017A filter. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shshiiiiiit...no wonder, yeah I have the jardine kit on it.....it takes a Road Star oil filter.....hahaha..:D......damn I was really cobfused there, the only time i had to use an internal filter was on a dirt bike so i was a little thrown off.....thanks everyone!!!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts