Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just getting to know the bike I just bought. It is very used. I am taking it apart now and discovered an oil leak in a location I am not yet familiar with. Looks like the previous owner did a quick fix by adding goop to the location. I am not sure what is under there until I remove (scrape?) the stuff off. I will check the manual I just downloaded to see if I can find the spot..any help would be appreciated to speed up process....thanks. the picture I posted is right on my end...not sure why it is sideways when I drag and attach here.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Im not sure what that epoxy is covering.. maybe the neutral switch connection?

if you are posting photos that you uploaded to your computer from your phone, open the photo on your laptop with any photo editor that lets you rotate the photo. Even if the photo is already orientated the correct way, save it as a jpg with a different file name, and then the orientation should stick when you put it here.

My cell phone does the same thing, I take photos holding the camera horizontal and it ends up vertical here.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Ive never taken that cover off... looks like the 90 degree bevel gear to the output drive shaft is behind that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts