Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok may not be exactly legal and all, but the rulz did not say I could not enter pics of both my Stars...

Year: 2002
Make/Model: RS Warrior
Eng size: 102 cu.in
Modifications: Stage 1 kit with V&H bigshots, Churchkey VBAK kit, coil relocation, Powercommander PCIII custom mapped.
Accessories: T Bars, quick release saddlebags, lower fairing, upper mini fairing, relocated brake caliper and custom rear brake reservoir relocation, lots of blacked out bits and pieces
Length of time to build: 6 montsh
And the story/inspiration/additional comments: Took this as a stock bike and slowly have been customizing to my liking... thanks to many hours spend with the brothers at rswarrior.com. She rips!

Year: 2008
Make/Model: Road Star
Eng size: 102 Cu. in.
Modifications: Yamaha speedstar longshot exhausts, 45mm throttlebody and y pipe, Baron VBAK, PC III custom mapped
Accessories: Granucci seat, lots of chrome bits added, beach cruiser bars, custom paint
Length of time to build: 16 months
And the story/inspiration/additional comments: I bought this as a salvage unit, was in an accident per the attached pictures. As a labour of love I have been slowly replacing the bent metal, added some shiny stuff and some small performance mods, and now she is back on the road! I had a blacked out Warrior, so my goal was to make this one as retro California Cruiser style as possible with lots of shine. I like the result, not overstated but just very very cool. I hope you like my story of not letting a 'Star die, but resurrecting again! Now I can pick which bike I go for a rip on, sweeeet!

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ok may not be exactly legal and all, but the rulz did not say I could not enter pics of both my Stars...

Year: 2002
Make/Model: RS Warrior
Eng size: 102 cu.in
Modifications: Stage 1 kit with V&H bigshots, Churchkey VBAK kit, coil relocation, Powercommander PCIII custom mapped.
Accessories: T Bars, quick release saddlebags, lower fairing, upper mini fairing, relocated brake caliper and custom rear brake reservoir relocation, lots of blacked out bits and pieces
Length of time to build: 6 montsh
And the story/inspiration/additional comments: Took this as a stock bike and slowly have been customizing to my liking... thanks to many hours spend with the brothers at rswarrior.com. She rips!

Year: 2008
Make/Model: Road Star
Eng size: 102 Cu. in.
Modifications: Yamaha speedstar longshot exhausts, 45mm throttlebody and y pipe, Baron VBAK, PC III custom mapped
Accessories: Granucci seat, lots of chrome bits added, beach cruiser bars, custom paint
Length of time to build: 16 months
And the story/inspiration/additional comments: I bought this as a salvage unit, was in an accident per the attached pictures. As a labour of love I have been slowly replacing the bent metal, added some shiny stuff and some small performance mods, and now she is back on the road! I had a blacked out Warrior, so my goal was to make this one as retro California Cruiser style as possible with lots of shine. I like the result, not overstated but just very very cool. I hope you like my story of not letting a 'Star die, but resurrecting again! Now I can pick which bike I go for a rip on, sweeeet!
Very jealous of you man. I would love to have a Warrior in the shop next to my Roadie. Good luck If I lose I would rather lose to another R*.

PS if you are not already you should join the roadstarclinic.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, thank you. I am on roadstarclinic.com as well, a lot of useful information there mostly for the "carbed" Roadies, less so for the fi models. All good information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts