Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all my fellow bikers. I hope to gain some information here and in some cases add my knowledge to some posts. I've been out of biking for a few years and now after buying my friends old 2000 Road Star, I'm going to give it another run while I'm still healthy and can see. I live in Wisconsin near Hudson. I'm 68 years old. I have a little work to do on the old Roadie and I believe this site might be helpful. So Hello! And can't wait to be able to post some questions.

Metabo AKA Al Jones

·
2,468 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, Al. You came to the right place. Pull up a chair an make yourself comfortable.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,337 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,364 Posts
Hi Al, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Love to see some pics of your bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Al, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Love to see some pics of your bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is my bike, 2000 Roadie that I bought from my old ridding buddy ( he bought a HD ). I've installed so far, new replacement windshield, battery, tires and today I'll install a new Regulator (charging problem, old regulator has cracks on the back side) Planing to add the bags that I'm hoping someone that has used them can tell me a little about them. My friend put a rear sprocket with one less tooth on this bike and the speedo is off, so I've ordered a speedoDRD Y1 to re-calibrate the darn thing. At some point I'd like to get rid of the HipperVentalator air intake, damn thing sticks out too far. In the picture the new shield is on and the new tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hudson huh? There's some good riding over there. At least compared to the Twin Cities metro area. Welcome!
Yes, good riding down 35 along the Mississippi and also along the MN side of the Mississippi on 61. I'm sure you've made that run. Once I get this bike set up, maybe we could do the ride. I used to live in St. Paul. I think I've out lasted (lived) all my old ridding buddies.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hey neighbor, I'm in the Twin Cities. I was without two wheels for a few years then got the itch again so here I am. Have fun - stay safe.

·
2,468 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada Pepe. What kind of bike do you ride? Any pics?

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Welcome from NorCal. I'm also a resurrected rider. Commuting to work daily in the SF Bay area had me go down twice and the family insisted I not replace that last bike. Now that I'm not commuting anymore, life is good; and as it should be.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts