Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello..I joined Starbike forums in 2014....had a buncha bikes then....Got too old (83) and hung up the helmet and sold off my last two bikes awhile back. Was getting light headed and felt unsafe and didn't want to hurt anybody or myself. Anyway,
I miss biking a lot, but thank God for the years and years of riding enjoyment. Biking was one of my chief enjoyments in life for ten years when I got back into it about 2008.

I hang out on this forum as well as other bike forums, and also check for bikes for sale on Craigslist just for fun. I also visit a site for classic cars for sale and it is called BringATrailer. Google that name and it will appear.

It took me forever to get a new password issued but I finally accomplished it.

My fave bikes include the V4 Royal Star (never owned one but rode them sometimes), BMW K75, VStar 650, HOnda Magna V4, and Kawasaki Vulcan 500 six speed.

I hope it is ok to just hang out and lurk and comment so as to feel like I am still in the game.

·
2,369 Posts
Welcome back and yes, it's absolutely ok to hang out here. Besides keeping you part of the motorcycling community, I'm sure your experience will help others solve some issues or at least help out with some answers.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,067 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,266 Posts
I remember you from previous posts, and yes you’re more than welcome to hang out with us as NorthernRider eluded to. Share your insights and experiences as it may help some new riders and old ones like me. Glad to have you back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Bob one thing we never lose our interest in motorcycling! I, too, am an older female but not willing to give up yet. Had some heart issues that had to be addressed and now have a pacemaker. Dr said I was good to go. I am considering a conversion kit for my v-star 950 tourer. Will be talking to three professionals soon and listening to what they will say. I have missed two summers of riding and would like to ride again.

Glad you decided to hang out here with all of us. Please share your knowledge and help us out if you can. Welcome back!!

Thank you~YammyV

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I look at the motorcycle/scooter page on craigslist every other day

to see if any good deals pop up
and keep an general idea what my bikes are going for, incase I have to replace one

I also get a degree of satisfaction flagging all the obvious scam listings, the harley people selling jackets and clothes on the "MOTORCYCLE FOR SALE" page, and people trying to sell mobility scooters and wheel chairs as if its some kinda of sick joke: motorcycles riders will need a wheelchair... right?

Craigslist is not clear those belong in the "Health and Beauty" section (poorly worded category), not with street legal scooters.

and also people trying to sell Razor electric skateboards, and people selling motorized bicycles that can go 40 mph, claiming you do not need license in NY to ride them. They are sorta right, you can not get a license to ride them in NY, because they are banned.

Once a few people flag a "prohibited" listing it gets removed.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey, Bob, welcome back! Looking forward to hearing from you. There are a great many—cars or bikes—who stay out on the roads beyond their time or capacity. Can’t tell you how much I admire a man who realizes it’s time to hang it up and does so so that he doesn’t endanger others. I will do my best to hold your example in my mind in the coming years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts