Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
After a decade without riding I went and bought meself a VStar 1100. Pretty sight, that bike. My daily commute, I got a steal with 2800 miles on a 2002 very well kept.

It's a different beast to the Honda GL1500 I had before, but a very pleasant ride.

Now I get to learn all about it here with y'all.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,397 Posts

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
does it really have the original 16 year old tires on the bike?

if you google motorcycle tire date code you can find web pages that will tell you how to read the month/year the tires were made, there is a code on the side of the tires.

Unless you only intend to putter around town you should consider replacing them if they are original.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it did, but I refused to ride it with them on. Tire rot scares the bejeezus outta me.
I guess the title is a little cryptic. I'm the old tread on the new bike =)

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Hail to the King! And welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Love to see some pics of your 1100. Sounds like you got a good deal. Glad you joined us and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,482 Posts
Welcome from a fellow 1100 rider from Atlantic Canada. I'm sure it's very different than the 'Wing, but you're gonna love it. Good call on the tires.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. Nothing fancy, but reliable and very easy to ride. If you start tinkering with it....all bets are off. Just leave her be and she'll run forever. Nice light bike. Easy to maneuver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts