Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the earlier portion of the 68 years of my life I've had a small Harley, Benelli, Bridgestone and Gold Wing. I'd been away from riding for about 30 years when I was recently resmitten. Tried an Electra Glide, Heritage Soft Tail Classic and an 08 1100 Silverado. The 1100 struck the right chord for my style of riding. Seemed to immediately shave about 30 years off my age. Sure feels nice to be back.

Michael:rolleyes:

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would not be to sure that it is the last fling, if fI were you. I am 67 and quickly going on 68. I bought my 1100 Silverado in Feb and have put nearly 8k on her. I also thought it would be my last fling but now i am thinking why should I put limits on me and my potential. Everyone in my life said I should live up to it and now I am.
Good luck and have lots of happy rides.
Ride safe,

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
68 years
The 1100 struck the right chord for my style of riding. Seemed to immediately shave about 30 years off my age. Sure feels nice to be back.

Michael:rolleyes:

Welcome, Michael.
You done good, we always welcome youngsters to this outfit:D:cool: Glad you picked up on the Harley thing and decided to go with a class act, aka Yamaha. Have fun. Ride Safe:cool:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard.Sounds like you've been bitten by the bug. I guess you never out grow it.I'm 47 now and have made my mind up that I will ride for the rest of my life. If I can't hold 2 wheels up I'll get a 3 wheeler.You keep twisting that throttle of youth,be safe and keep the shiny side up. Lets ride.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i might be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts