Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

i hope you don't mind when i introduce myself as another Guy from Germany.:cool: My Brother "IronMan" told me about this Forum, so it's basically his fault that i'm registered now! :eek: :D

My Name is Florian, i'm (only) 19 Years old and live in Munich as well. Thanks to the Influence of my Brother, i also ride a '99 Yamaha V-Star 650 (or Drag Star 650, how we call it over here...), and i love the Quality and the Beauty of the Bike.

I want to customize my Starbike as soon as possible - 'cause i love Old-School Choppers and Bobber Style Bikes. Not sure if i can already afford the whole Customizing this Winter, but we'll see. ;)
I already made some Modifications, like Custom-Paint, V&H Exhaust, and a few other things, which u can see on the Pics.

Anyways, here i am in your big Starbike-Community.

Cheers, and a Save Remaining Bike-Season to all of you,
-Breakdown-

btw a Picture of my V-Star:

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Hey Everybody,

i hope you don't mind when i introduce myself as another Guy from Germany.
Now just a Munich! Isn't that a maple leaf decal on your bike?

We have drag stars over here as well, but the term isn't used for motorcycles. We usually refer to them as "Texans"::D:D:D

Welcome to the forum (and don't forget to vote for the bike of the month):)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Isn't that a maple leaf decal on your bike?
Yep it is, because i always had a great time when i was visiting Canada. I was there three Years in a row now, and already planning my Canada Vacation for next Year. Great Country and Mentality, and i fell in Love with the Manitoulin Area in Northern Ontario. I would like to live there in a few Years as well. Whatever, i always had a very good time und had a lot of great experiences in Canada, and thats why i got the Canadian Flag Decal on it ;)

Edit: Lol i don't think that anyone wants to "ride" that Drag Star! :eek::D:D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard nice lookn scoot.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the fun house -Breakdown-! This is a great place and as you can tell, we like to have a few laughs as well as sharing a little bit of advice/information. The folks on here have a wealth of information and are always happy to help you out.

Ride safe and keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yep it is, because i always had a great time when i was visiting Canada. I was there three Years in a row now, and already planning my Canada Vacation for next Year. Great Country and Mentality, and i fell in Love with the Manitoulin Area in Northern Ontario. I would like to live there in a few Years as well. Whatever, i always had a very good time und had a lot of great experiences in Canada, and thats why i got the Canadian Flag Decal on it ;)

Edit: Lol i don't think that anyone wants to "ride" that Drag Star! :eek::D:D
The northern part of Ontario is quite breathtaking if you are into fishing, hunting, or just nature. You might also want to consider a trip my way to Nova Scotia. We're a small, but friendly province, where you can drive from seaside villages to twisty highland roads overlooking the ocean in just a few hours. /tourism plug :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx everyone! :)

The northern part of Ontario is quite breathtaking if you are into fishing, hunting, or just nature. You might also want to consider a trip my way to Nova Scotia. We're a small, but friendly province, where you can drive from seaside villages to twisty highland roads overlooking the ocean in just a few hours. /tourism plug :)
Hi clicker666,

i want to visit all of the canadian atlantic provinces as soon as possible. But you know i only got 3 Weeks Summer Vacation in Canada every Year, so i can't visit all the Provinces. And like i said, i fell in Love with Northern Ontario, and thats why i spent the last Years of Summer up there. But i really wanna see the rest of the country as soon as i can afford it. I would like to ride through the whole Country on my V-Star. From Nova Scotia all the Way to BC. U could join me? :D No really, i'd like to see more of Canada - like i said - as soon as i can afford it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
46 Posts
thx everyone! :)
From Nova Scotia all the Way to BC. U could join me? :D No really, i'd like to see more of Canada - like i said - as soon as i can afford it.
Cheers!
We'll have to see what the little woman says. I intend to ride the Cabot Trail next year, and we are going to go whale watching on the other end of the province as well next summer. I want to do it on a bike as opposed to my truck.

Here's a website about biking the Cabot Trail: Cabot Trail Biker

Here's a pic of the view - I'm sooooooo looking forward to riding this trail!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it on a bike. I've done the trip in a car, but it's not really the same.

In fact, after a time or two I just started taking the other highway up the eastern side of the province. It's mostly industrial and trees, not that spectacular, but was a much shorter trip.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it on a bike. I've done the trip in a car, but it's not really the same.
I hear that. It's pretty much the same in Northern Ontario... i wish i had my Bike up there. Its truly a shame to drive down these Roads in a Car - even if it is a Pick Up Truck. :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts