Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not big on endorsing a product unless it really impresses me and The Clevver does just that. I AM NOT AFFILIATED!

I saw the ad for this replacement clutch lever and was intrigued. I have never been impressed with the clutches on many Yamaha cruisers and I had been tweaking on the one on my '05 650 V-Star Custom. I had it where it was OK but it still had a very poor sweet spot.

The package came in two days and it was a breeze to install. Clear instructions were included. It took about an hour start-to-finish before I was ready for a road test and WOW! I had to go around the block a few times, returning to my garage to tweak it a little more but after a few adjustments I am totally impressed.

The product does all it claims. The release of the clutch is crisp. Clutch friction can be felt much earlier during the release of the clutch handle and the sweet spot is much earlier in the release. It also feels like it takes about a third less pressure to manipulate the clutch.

Frankly, there's not a lot to it. They have taken a stock clutch lever and relocated the cable seat and then cut a ditch for the cable to run through. This changed the amount of pull and apparently changed the angle, thus reducing the felt resistance. Whatever...it works. I could have done the work if I had the time but I don't.

This is probably one of the cheapest mods I have ever done and I feel like it is worth much more than I paid for it!

Michael "Mike" Renshaw, 6/2/11

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Thanks for the info. I would like to try that on my wifes 650. I have always hated that clutch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts