Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got my Hardstreet Classic bags from Amazon last December. These bags come with holes pre-drilled and the mounting hardware has bolts in different sizes to accommodate your bike.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sent Hardstreet an email couple days ago inquiring about their bags and I haven't heard back from them...my opinion that's really bad customer service.

·
Registered
458 Posts
They look like the royal star bags. What are the dimensions because the stock hardbags for my 1100 just suck to put stuff in I cant fit a laptop in it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
They look like the royal star bags. What are the dimensions because the stock hardbags for my 1100 just suck to put stuff in I cant fit a laptop in it.
Barman that's what I thought when I saw them ;they look like Royal Star bags. Right now I have Edge bags with Easy or Ghost brackets but not too happy with the quick disconnect they're a pain in the ass to take off the mounting bolts...my right bag won't come off the damn hardware:mad:

·
Registered
342 Posts
They do look like the Royal Star bags but I bet they are not near as big. Everyone I have heard talk about the Royal Star bags say they are huge. Too bad they are also so expensive if you can find a set. :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sent Hardstreet an email couple days ago inquiring about their bags and I haven't heard back from them...my opinion that's really bad customer service.
I had a problem contacting their tech support after I bought the bags from Amazon. I wanted to know if they still sold the Hardstreet billet nameplate, which they don't:(

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had a problem contacting their tech support after I bought the bags from Amazon. I wanted to know if they still sold the Hardstreet billet nameplate, which they don't:(
t star I thinks that's the problem you didn't buy directly from them...I like your bags, did you pay close to what Hardstreet has them listed for?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke to them a few days ago. they moved to NC so their number has changed. I ordered a set from Amazon and amazon screwed up and sent me the stanard set vs the metric set. I called Cycra (maker of Hardstreet) and they informed me the only difference was the bolts. He said that he will send out the hardware to me no charge right away to make it right.

His name is Jay and his number is 888-481-7269 so If you have any questions give him a call. He did tell me that they make the Yamaha hardbags also, maybe that's why you guys recognize it?

I will post an update once I receive the hardware and get them installed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered a set from Amazon and amazon screwed up and sent me the standard set vs the metric set.
When I ordered my bags from Amazon, it was without the mounting hardware. I had to order the brackets separately, which I did also from Amazon. When I received the bags, low and behold the mounting brackets were included. I ended up returning the mounting hardware I ordered and eating the shipping cost also. That's okay, I still got a fantastic price on the Hardstreet bags:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I spoke to them a few days ago. they moved to NC so their number has changed. I ordered a set from Amazon and amazon screwed up and sent me the stanard set vs the metric set. I called Cycra (maker of Hardstreet) and they informed me the only difference was the bolts. He said that he will send out the hardware to me no charge right away to make it right.

His name is Jay and his number is 888-481-7269 so If you have any questions give him a call. He did tell me that they make the Yamaha hardbags also, maybe that's why you guys recognize it?

I will post an update once I receive the hardware and get them installed.
As promised, I received a package today with a bag of hardware from them. They did not charge me for them for Amazon's mistake. I cannot speak more about that kind of customer service. Most other companies would have just told me to send it back to Amazon and have them fix it.

I plan on installing the bags this weekend, along with a new windshield, new mustang seats, Trucklite phase 7 headlight/passing lamps, Custom Dynamics LED brake light and turn signals. Gonna be a busy weekend

·
Registered
47 Posts
t star I thinks that's the problem you didn't buy directly from them...I like your bags, did you pay close to what Hardstreet has them listed for?
Vstarjoe: I missed reading your question previously. The answer is I paid $194 shipped for the bags with the mounting brackets included. I'm sure it was a misprint on Amazon's part, because the price is around $425 the last time I checked.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Vstarjoe: I missed reading your question previously. The answer is I paid $194 shipped for the bags with the mounting brackets included. I'm sure it was a misprint on Amazon's part, because the price is around $425 the last time I checked.

tsar you got a great deal for the bags at $194 and if I read it right that included shipping. I'll have to go onto Amazon when the time comes next season as I like the look of these bags

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have them in white for my 1300

Have them installed on my 09 VStar 300. Great hard bags - matches Yamaha factory paint. Put my backpack with laptop in it every day.

Great to have locking storage.

Safe Riding!
Fuj

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts