Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Opinions wanted

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  tbzg 
#1 ·
I wanted a clock and a temp gauge for my bike. I ordered some "inexpensive" (cheap) ones online and mounted them with double faced foam tape so I could take them off or move them. Do they look ok? I couldn't figure out where to mount them. I can move them pretty easily without damaging anything. Welcome any opinions or ideas. Also in the spirit of "more chrome is good", I added a chrome master cylinder cover.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The temp gauge looks really good there but I don't know how you could permanently mount it over the triple tree nut. I have the same clock on my 1100 (looks the same anyway). It's designed to mount to the handlebars so I put it between the risers. Easy to see there and looks good IMO.

I like the chrome cover too. My brake reservoir is a little pitted so I'm thinking about getting one.

Edit: My clock was cheap too ($20), but it's lasted a year and a half with one battery change last spring. It's still ticking.

#3 · (Edited)
If you like it that's really all that counts. For me having the clock below the speedometer will be hard to see. I really like the master cover. Here's pictures on my $20 clock.

#4 ·
Mine didn't come with handlebar mount brackets, just flat bottoms with holes in center. Didn't think about having to look so far down to see the clock and as it sits now it's covering the lower speedo screw. Just double sided foam tape, so it comes off ok. I think it would look better (and easier to see) on the handlebar. I'll have see what kind of brackets are available.

#5 ·
#7 ·
I must have looked at those little gauges 100 times over the years but I never bought any of them. I like the look but I'd probably want them together, side by side probably on the triple tree for a more customized look.

#8 · (Edited)
Took it out for a short ride today, yeah I don't like where they are when riding. As a new rider, I need to be looking ahead. I'm ordering the handlebar mount. If I can find a tach set up like the one below (and not spend $250) I think with it in the center and clock/temp on each side would be nice.
[/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.