Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with knowing what the orange light on the display panel means.:mad: V-star 2003 1100 Silverado. When I shut the bike down the orange light flashes 3 times then black and three times and so on. :eek: When the bike is moving the light goes off when I accelerate but come on when I cruise.:confused:
Anybody have this problem before?. Anybody know what it is about?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Throttle Position Sensor fault according to the Clymer manual.. Check/clean your connections at the TPS and see if that helps/makes it go away. Otherwise you'll have to order a new one/take it to the dealer..

eGo

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. It will be 40 to 60 days for a new one and $3250 pesos to buy it. I will be doing all the cleaning and rewiring I can...

·
Registered
179 Posts
thanks for the info. It will be 40 to 60 days for a new one and $3250 pesos to buy it. I will be doing all the cleaning and rewiring I can...
When I rode Victory motorcycles I had TPS failures twice. Like you it was VERY expensive to replace. In fact they only sold the whole intake manifold (which included it) for about 600 bucks.

I found that the TPS on those bikes was an off the shelf part which I bought at an auto parts store for about 25 dollars. Worked PERFECT.

So, you might see if you can find out if it is a common part that perhaps is used on other vehicles and can be cross-referenced. Its possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts