1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks like a good deal on them.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Great deal. Now make sure you install with enough pipe clearance that you don't end up with saddlebag burn!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saddlebag burn is exactly what happened to the set that came with the bike. That and a black mark on the factory exhaust. I used it as and excuse to buy a Vance and Hines slip on !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good deal! Which Vance and Hines slip on do you have? I've been worried about getting some because of the aftermarket exhaust. Let us know how they fit!

Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with the slash cut vance and hines 2-1 slip on. The only one they make, I think.

New to motorcycles so I apologize if I am wrong.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My old bags did that as well I wonder if you can switch sides withe brackets without turning them around??? It would take care of the issue as long as they do not rub on anything.

Good luck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not sure if they would be to big. Not sure on the size of a 650. A friend of mine has one but never really looked

I thought I posted pics, I apologize.

I have a hard time loading pics from my phone. Sorry

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah, you did, I think they may be fine, the 650 isn't too much shorter than the 950. How do you like them now that you've had them for a bit?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far they have been great. I take a change of clothes in them to work. A half helmet can fit in one bag, with a little room left.

I haven't rode in the rain yet with them, but for the price I would buy again. The biggest issue was the saddlebag supports. Which I bolted to my workbench and tweaked them a bit.

I still haven't bought a lock. And there is a strap on the bottoms I didn't really know what to do with so I tied it to the bottom of the saddle bag support.

I don't have any real history with bikes. I get into something and get carried away with spending.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nothing fancy.

I bought some bolts ,washers and nuts. I drilled a hole thru my work bench and ran a bolt with washers on both side. I than just bent the bars down in no real technical way. Just forced them. I wasn't able to get them exactly the same but close enough. Sorry I don't have any real knowledge about fab work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts