Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you Washington riders any of you going to the Oyster run in Anacortes?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
When is it? My friends always tell me about it, but i've never done the oyster run.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
The "bad" oysters are reserved for the last wave of bikes to arrive which is always the entire group riding red colored bikes, hence the name "red tide"

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
September 25th. Hey that red tide is not a funny thing that s*&t about killed me several years back. I had 102 temp for seven days and couldn't hold anything down or in me.Ended going to the hospitol and they found out what I had. Pumped me full of fluids and pills and back on my feet in a week or so. I now only eat very deep fried sea food.
That raw s*&t is not for me. I tried to kill it with whiskey but that didn't work either.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
hdeater113...PM me with details. I think i might be able to make the oyster run.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there everybody sorry I haven't graced my typing skills here for a week but been down with flu. It's all SparkyDs fault he fed me sea food last weekend at the oyster run.Just wanted to say I had a great time.It was a good ride up.We were able to hook up with SparkyD and his wife for dinner Saturday night. Good people those SparkyDs.The wife and I left Anacortes pretty early Sunday cause I wasn't feeling very good and had a 5 to 6 hr ride home.There was a ton of bikes in town and a ton more riding in as we were leaving.Sorry no pictures of the run, wasn't feeling good enough to spend much time in town.It's well worth another trip next year.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Glad you made it back safe. Sorry to hear about your sickness. Was it 'beverage' related? :)

Funny, i couldn't find my camera until after i got home :eek: So i got no pics either :(

Maybe next year we'll have a better run :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I told my riding cronies I wish this was a brown bottle flu.Was it windy or what. I rode sideways all the way to I5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts