Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
I know that I have the same fproblem. i figured it was becasue I was out of country and therefore had less priority. Now that you ahve mentioned your slowness I think it is internal on hte fourm.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I just figured it was my great comcast internet service. Who cares I can still blame them.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Extremely slow for me, most of the time.
At other times it just doesn't load at all, probably time-outs.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

This is the only site I visit which gives these problems.

Kind regards, Wim

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have noticed it generally takes between 5-10 seconds for the pages to load for me no matter where I am.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Well, I couldn't get in at all anymore tonight (similar to yesterday), and switched to FireFox from IE. I could get in now, it still is very slow, but at least I am here :).

Kind regards, Wim

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ads can slow things down quite a bit. My iPad and S5 are loading quite slow right now, but Firefox is very fast. Firefox is blocking ads.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Not blocking ads here, as I think it is not fair to those who provide us with this forum for free :).

Strangely enough FF is a lot faster, however, and it doesn't hang either, so far (knock wood :)).

Kind regards, Wim

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Had the same issue on my laptop several months ago. Would sometimes take close to a minute for pages to load. This same topic came up and ad blockers solved the issue for multiple posters in that thread including me. The wierd thing is I still have ads all over the pages. :confused:

·
Registered
894 Posts
The one ad you'll never get rid of is the "Click Her to Get Premium" ad. $40 for a lifetime membership or $15/year ain't half bad. Hmmm, I wonder what the difference is between all ads and "less ads" is?

·
Registered
418 Posts
The ads cause the biggest delay when loading a page. I also get quite a few banner warnings from McAfee for suspect items. It blocks them so, I just keep going. Augie

·
Registered
894 Posts
It has subsided for me. I was having problems with iOS Safari but was away from home to pinpoint what was happening. I suspected a problem with viglink but didn't get to it in time.

·
Administrator
415 Posts
I'm not sure if Safari has a status bar but if it does, the URL shown in there while you are experiencing site slowness would help immensely.

~Kay

·
Administrator
415 Posts
That should bot be the issue, what device and browser are you using when you encounter this issue?

Thank you so much :)

~ GP community support

1 - 20 of 23 Posts