Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first paint chip and at only 2,000 kms. The dealer had no info so I contacted Yamaha Canada (I wanted a paint stick). Anyways to help everyone this is what I learned and I have ordered the paint stick. If you get a 2020 dark grey model, the paint colour is dark gray metallic G, colour code 1086 and they recommended www.colorrite.com

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The first one is always the hardest. The couple after that show that you use it. After that they give it character. My 2001 has as much character as me. But you have to look real hard to see the classics character. Mine not so much.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I got my first paint chip and at only 2,000 kms. The dealer had no info so I contacted Yamaha Canada (I wanted a paint stick). Anyways to help everyone this is what I learned and I have ordered the paint stick. If you get a 2020 dark grey model, the paint colour is dark gray metallic G, colour code 1086 and they recommended www.colorrite.com
Your paint info, should be on a sticker on the underside, of the left side bag lid, or the wall of same bag.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The first one is always the hardest. The couple after that show that you use it. After that they give it character. My 2001 has as much character as me. But you have to look real hard to see the classics character. Mine not so much.
Character! I have a nice selection of fingernail polish that does the trick...It also doubles as a loc-tight. Some I stole from my wife or daughter; the black, I had to buy on my own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts