Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife and I took our first longish trip on the bike this weekend. We rode from Tallahassee Fl to Panama City Beach. About 115 miles give or take. We also rode all around the beach area.

While in Panama City we rented a Polaris Slingshot. Supposedly the one we got was the high end turbo model. We took it to Destin to eat lunch. Half way to Destin it started raining like hell. Since we were basically in a car, even though it requires a MC endorsement to drive, we did not have helmets on. So we got the rain in the face at 70 mph. That kinda sucked as anyone who rides open face helmet can attest to.

It stopped raining once we got to Destin and all that was wet was our face and collars. Lunch at McGuires Irish Pub was awesome. We then went to the outlet mall. The wife bought some NICE chaps at Wilson Leather, and I bought her a new purse at Dooney & Bourke.

We rode back to PC and turned in the Slingshot and got on Yammagurl and rode around PC for awhile. Went and ate at Wicked Wheel.

Sunday it was raining when we got up so hung around the hotel until it stopped then rode home.

We decided to go to the Harley dealer here in town because they do a cookout every weekend. While we were there the bottom dropped out. So we waited 3 hours and it was not letting up. We decided to go ahead and ride home.

So basically that was the first ride in Real rain together. It was not terrible once I got used to the temperature. Just like jumping in a cool pool.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a trip, the rain had it out for you guys!

It seemed that way. Until the 25 minute ride home it was not terrible.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great write-up NGM. Sorry ya had ta deal with all the rain.
Meh it happens.. Thanks :)

We love PCB....I'm hoping in the spring me and my wife can make Thunder Beach Rally. Sounds like you guys had a nice trip either way
How far are you from PCB? There is a bike rally there next month too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts