Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pandora/Internet issues. If you are having issues with Pandora/Internet connection I discovered today in my Pandora settings a "Launch from car" setting. I enabled that and all is good!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Pandora/Internet issues. If you are having issues with Pandora/Internet connection I discovered today in my Pandora settings a "Launch from car" setting. I enabled that and all is good!
Thanks for info bucfan11. I’ve always used iHeartRadio but unfortunately, this system won’t play it except through the AUX connection.
I don’t know much about Pandora. Is it free like iHeartRadio?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for info bucfan11. I’ve always used iHeartRadio but unfortunately, this system won’t play it except through the AUX connection.
It has free, plus and premium services. The free is pretty good so that is what I have. It is closer to Spotify than iHeart (it is NOT a live radio service).

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
It has free, plus and premium services. The free is pretty good so that is what I have. It is closer to Spotify than iHeart (it is NOT a live radio service).
Normally I have a 32GB USB stick plugged into USB1 (right front) with a few thousand of my MP3’s in it.
In another thread I covered how to set it up so that the infotainment system can properly search and play the database by Somg, List, Title, Artist or Genre.
You might wanna check that out. Don’t go over a 32GB stick, the system will not be able to read it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You *should* be fine using larger flash drives. The issue is larger ones come formated with exfat by default, and you will need to format them with fat32 first.
Atleast with usb sticks this should be the case (unless they did something really odd in the firmware). For sd cards they actually change the protocol they talk, so those aren't compatable at larger sizes, but usb sticks you should be good, as long as you reformat it to a normal fat32.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Normally I have a 32GB USB stick plugged into USB1 (right front) with a few thousand of my MP3’s in it.
In another thread I covered how to set it up so that the infotainment system can properly search and play the database by Somg, List, Title, Artist or Genre.
You might wanna check that out. Don’t go over a 32GB stick, the system will not be able to read it.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
You *should* be fine using larger flash drives. The issue is larger ones come formated with exfat by default, and you will need to format them with fat32 first.
Atleast with usb sticks this should be the case (unless they did something really odd in the firmware). For sd cards they actually change the protocol they talk, so those aren't compatable at larger sizes, but usb sticks you should be good, as long as you reformat it to a normal fat32.
How big are you talking? I didn’t have to fat32 format my 32GB, but you’re saying a 64GB would be formatted differently?

·
Registered
13 Posts
ChiefGunner in witch thread did you leave instructions for setting up the USB stick for music to be found properly?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yes, I know all usb sticks of 128gb are formatted with exfat by default. 32gb and smaller are fat32. I have seen mixed results with 64gb ones. This is also why most cameras and gopros say when you get a new card you must format it first.
The biggest difference is fat32 is limited to 4gb filesize, where exfat doesn't have this limit (2tb I think for a single file).
For music fat32 is going to be fine, but for videos it can get really annoying so exfat works a lot better since you don't need to split the videos up, but you have to pay microsoft licensing to use exfat so most nothing supports it other than your computer operating systems. (Linux support for exfat works, but is really slow)

This has been an issue with my car radio and cameras, as they both claim to only support 4gb, but I use 128gb in both of them without issues, as long as I formatted them to fat32 first. Camera is a nikon D70, from 2005, car is a 2011 juke. In the newer cars they support bluetooth media, so I can just use my phone without it being annoying.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
ChiefGunner in witch thread did you leave instructions for setting up the USB stick for music to be found properly?
It’s in the thread “SVTC quirks & Oddities”.
It’s real simple, you just need to go into the properties for EACH SONG and make sure that the info is properly populated for Song TITLE, ALBUM, ARTIST & GENRE..
Once you do that, the system will be able to locate and play accordingly. I never use my AM/FM radio. Don’t need to.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ah, the correct way to say that is, to make sure the ID3 tags are added to each of your songs. Can likely find software that will index and add those to the music automatically for the ones it can figure out itself.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Ah, the correct way to say that is, to make sure the ID3 tags are added to each of your songs. Can likely find software that will index and add those to the music automatically for the ones it can figure out itself.
That works for songs that you purchased, but I have thousands from the days of “Napster” when you could get what you wanted without paying.
Today’s software can tell if it’s “paid” and will block, exclude or not recognize the song if you have it ID3 tag it for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts