Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 97 RS with 10k miles on it. It is in really good shape in that it rides well and no obvious issues except this. Twice now since I've had the bike (two months) I've made a left turn and there was a pretty large expulsion of smoke (blue) out of the pipes. I can't tell if it was one side or the other and its only happened twice.

Outside of what was described there are no other symptoms, power is good, no large consumption of oil, although I've had to use sea foam for a few times as the bike sat for a while. Any ideas on what could be going on?

Thanks

·
Registered
894 Posts
Is your crankcase overfilled? What has your plug inspection revealed? What symptom prompted you to use the sea foam? Is you air filter/housing sitting in a bath of oil?

I'm just guessing until the technically advanced come along, but I would suspect oil coming through the breather and into the intake or worn valve seals leaking oil through the stem.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Seems like it. Try rigging up a jig to put your bike at the lean angle you were at and fire her up and rev it. Might be leaking if it's at a certain lean angle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts