Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone, newbie here. I was wondering if any of the aftermarket places sell passanger floor boards that fit in place of the stock pegs. I woild like to leave the mounting bracket and just replace the peg itself and reuse the pin. One other question, how does the 1300 hold up riding 2 up with two very large people? So far it has done great I am 6'1" 250 lbs and my wife is...lets just say she doubles my weight. Almost forgot my bike is a 2013 1300 brand new.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I used kuryakin premium ribbed floorboards as the passenger floorboards on my 1300. It required an adapter to install in place of standard pegs. They were easily installed and worked well for my GF when she rode with me.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/3880/Premium-Ribbed-Floorboards

As to riding 2 up, check your owners manual for weight specifications listed for your model. They do list a max. rating for riders, gear, and accessories.

·
Registered
473 Posts
They all need new mounting hardware, even the OEM ones come with all new mounting hardware. As far as riding 2 up, I think the weight rating is around 700 lbs total (with passenger/rider and all the extra gear you might have), check the owner's manual. I would turn up the rear shock adjustment a few clicks (I had the dealer turn mine up 2 before I took it home). As far as power with 2 up, you should be fine.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think the weight rating is around 700 lbs total (with passenger/rider and all the extra gear you might have), check the owner's manual.
According to the owners manual, the weight rating is 463 lbs. for the standard model 1300. Deluxe or Tour models are lower than that.

·
Registered
473 Posts
According to the owners manual, the weight rating is 463 lbs. for the standard model 1300. Deluxe or Tour models are lower than that.
You are correct...man was I way off!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought Kuryakyn ISO passenger boards for my 2013 and had to buy splined adapters as well. I'm no expert, but I don't think you'll be short on power at all.

Cranking up the preload will be required for a decent ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts