Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys have complaints from your passenger about the backrest being too low? I ride the 950 Tourer and my wife is slim but tall...the backrest hits her pretty low on her back, even though it's the stock Tourer backrest which I believe is what Yamaha calls the 'tall'. I am ordering an Ultimate seat...mostly for her, although I certainly won't mind it ;-) ... and I see that there are a few taller aftermarket 'sissy bars' out there, but I just wondered if anyone else had some ideas or experience with this.

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sparkn thanks for that information I'll have to do the same to my Yamaha/Ultimate pad backrest. I just bought an ultimate pillion seat for the bike. I'm sure the wife will also complain that the backrest pad is digging into her lower back. You know that old saying happy wife happy life😜

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man! That's a very nice mod! Well done, sparkn, thank you very much for posting this. Beats the heck outta spending $250+ for a new sissy bar, and gets the job done just as well.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I discovered another alternative...when I ordered my Ultimate seat I talked to the lady about the backrest height problem and they sell extensions that raise it up 3.5 inches for $95. I ordered them and will post before/after photos when I get them installed.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes there is another one Canada Ontario in the Toronto area. I called this morning and they don't sell the extensions for backrests. It must be an online US purchase I guess

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll first check out Ultimate seats for shipping fees if too expensive then I'll check out the link you provided. You saved me some work and time as I was gonna do the backrest mod but these extensions is exactly what I needed.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So here's the complete change-out. I'm happy, my wife is VERY happy, and that makes me even happier. She's starting to ask me now "when can we go riding?". Best money I've spent.

Stock:

Ultimate:

Ultimate with backrest extensions:

·
Registered
419 Posts
So here's the complete change-out. I'm happy, my wife is VERY happy, and that makes me even happier. She's starting to ask me now "when can we go riding?". Best money I've spent.

Stock:

Ultimate:

Ultimate with backrest extensions:

Looks good.👍When I called for these extensions they were out of stock. I will have to give them a shout today.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The seats and backrest pad were $620 and the extensions were $95. BEST money I've ever spent in 43 years on bikes.
I mostly made the investment for my wife's comfort but I had no idea how much more comfortable I'd be. It's truly amazing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mercy ! That will have to wait awhile, like maybe till Christmas. :). I'm only 155 pounds so the stock seat is ok for me now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts