Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 V Star 950, 2013 Suzuki S40
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of passenger floor boards for my 2015 V Star 950, part number STR-4YE57-20-02 - I got the part number from the Yamaha web page, when you build the bike it is listed as an accessory. I also bought the mounting kit from ebay, part number 5S7-F47D0-U0.

It doesn't seem to work together at all. Either the bracket or the floorboards do not work with the bike. Can someone confirm if I got the right parts?

·
Registered
2006 V Star 650 Classic
8 Posts
Looks like you either got the wrong part, or you missed a part. The mounting bracket that attaches to the foot board should be part 5S7-F47D0-V0-00. The bracket you bought looks to be an adapter to move the footboards forward, out of the way of saddlebags or something.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, it looks like its a three part setup - I got the offset bracket and the floor board, but I am missing the "pivot bracket", which is seemingly part number 5S7-F47D0-V0-00, and it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Missing this part

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question, why is the bracket that holds the factory passenger footrest so elongated, with a slotted hole across its length? Seems to serve no purpose?

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha V Star 950
56 Posts
I gave up looking for that part & returned the passenger floorboards. It’s impossible to find.
I think the factory bracket for the oem passenger footrest serves 2 purposes, 1- as a heel/side heel protector & to be able to strap the rear of the bike when transporting. I might be wrong.

·
Registered
2006 V Star 650 Classic
8 Posts
Honestly, I have no idea. I have a 2006, and the passenger footrest bracket has a hook on it. Maybe it's for some sort of luggage system? I can't find anything that looks like it gives your slots or my hooks a purpose.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gave up looking for that part & returned the passenger floorboards. It’s impossible to find.
I think the factory bracket for the oem passenger footrest serves 2 purposes, 1- as a heel/side heel protector & to be able to strap the rear of the bike when transporting. I might be wrong.
I can probably make the part if I had the drawing for it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I found a complete set on ebay, including the floor boards and all four brackets. Will have to return the individual parts I bought before.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got them yesterday and got them installed earlier today - took a short ride with the wife, and she is very happy, they made a huge increase in comfort compared to the old footpegs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts