Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, looking to add some passenger floorboards on our 950 to try and get the wife a little option for placing her feet and, hopefully, get a little more room for her to move her feet forward some.

Can those of you with passenger floorboards throw a picture up and note which floorboards you are running (STAR, Kuryakyn, etc). I like the look of the STAR ones and they look to move them forward a bit from the stock pegs, but they are about twice the price of the Kuryakyn...

Also, any input on how your passenger likes them would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
417 Posts
I found a set of second hand Star passenger floorboards at the local independent shop. They went in the same attachment point as the pegs.

My wife likes them better than the pegs - her only criticism is they are a little too flat meaning her toes point a bit. With the floorboards she has different ways to hold her feet to relieve any discomfort from that.

Best $100 I've spent in a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that the stock/OEM Star/Yamaha mounting bracket for the floorboards? I have seen that on an 1100 and 1300 now, but the ones on the Yamaha Accessories website looks a little different.

Also, the stock pegs on the 950 actually go back about 1/2"-1" from the screw location where as it looks like the floorboards would actually come forward from them screw/mount location which would be ideal for what we are looking for...

·
Registered
346 Posts
My Kurakan's came in the mail last week, but I did not realize at the time of ordering them that I needed a special adapter, which I ordered last week.....

Once those come in I will mount it up and post pics. My wife is 6' tall and has a 26" inseam, so she is all leg and needs to be able to stretch out better than she can now before we do a week-long trip on the bike in September.

I referenced this thread for info on buying them:

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=587777#post587777

·
Registered
417 Posts
Is that the stock/OEM Star/Yamaha mounting bracket for the floorboards? I have seen that on an 1100 and 1300 now, but the ones on the Yamaha Accessories website looks a little different.

Also, the stock pegs on the 950 actually go back about 1/2"-1" from the screw location where as it looks like the floorboards would actually come forward from them screw/mount location which would be ideal for what we are looking for...
As far as I know they are stock/OEM Star floorboards and mounts. The mounts do move the floorboards forward and down from the peg location. According to the box they came in, they were manufactutred in 2008. In the photo below the listing of motorcycles they fit was taped to the box by the girl at the shop. The sticker in the lower left is a manufacturer sticker.

Admittedly I was lucky to find them.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes, my bad. 36" Inseam.

Got the mounting kit and put the boards on. We can't take it for a test ride for a few weeks, but just sitting on it she had a few more options for how to rest her feet, so I think it is a success.

Just re-using the spacer for the stock pegs did not work(see above) the mount was very loose, and trying to use two of the D spacers with the kit was too tight, so I used one of each, it was juuuuust right.

You can see here I used the upper back mounting point to push the board as far down and forward as possible, but with 4 other mounting points there is some variety for placement:

·
Registered
346 Posts
The install looks good. It will be money well spent. I like the crinkle finish on bottom of the floorboards.
I am very happy with them, super heavy duty feel to everything. The wife says they are perfect (we did a short ride last night) cause she can now move her feet into different spots and kinda stretch her legs if needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts