Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a mod allowing the lowering of the passenger foot pegs on the V-Star 1300 tourer? My wife would certainly be more comfortable with lower pegs.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,010 Posts
Not 100% sure but looking at diagram there are two holes with only one bolt (#58) to where you can vertically adjust foot peg height.

I'm not familiar enough with the 1300 to make any other recommendations but I lowered and moved the passenger foot pegs for my wife's comfort. Here's the links:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think to get the results I'm looking for, I would have to install floorboards or a modification kit. I would like to move the pegs down and forward. I see Cobra has floorboards that might do the trick, but I haven't been able to verify just exactly where they would position the passenger's feet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cobra also has a footpeg relocation bracket for their swept exhaust that will move them foreword. I used the my 650's floorboards and reversed the brackets.

Edit: I think it was the floorboards that were reversed.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I only have foot pegs on my bike. Wish it had floor boards.
Too expensive to upgrade for me!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree about the cost. I really don't want to spend the money for floor boards. I really hadn't looked the bike over, well
enough. I see now that the right side peg could only be moved down about 2 inches, and probably an inch or so forward, due to the after market pipes on my bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts