Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of waiting and made my own passenger highway pegs. I had a piece of .25" stainless laying around a cut that up, added a $8.00 pair of pegs and painted the steel black. I may go back to polished stainless. I should have placed them about 1" higher and 1" futher away. If any of you decide to do something like this. The left and right side are NOT the same, you cannot make one side and copy it for the other. Cutting and drilling stainless with hand tools is no fun!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,455 Posts
I like them. Great job on fab work. Now the real test is passenger comfort. Keep us informed on passenger comments.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like them. Great job on fab work. Now the real test is passenger comfort. Keep us informed on passenger comments.
She liked them in our short trial run. It was one of the main things she did not like about the SVTC - no pegs, and no armrests. Corbin should be delivering a new backrest with armrests next week and my pegs will hopefully make her happy.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
She liked them in our short trial run. It was one of the main things she did not like about the SVTC - no pegs, and no armrests. Corbin should be delivering a new backrest with armrests next week and my pegs will hopefully make her happy.
I’d like to see the backrest when you get it installed. My wife misses the padded arm rests as well.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I’d like to see the backrest when you get it installed. My wife misses the padded arm rests as well.
That's also the one thing, that my own wife, has lamented, vs. our 2008 GL1800, She had gotten so use to leaning back and placing her elbows at rest over the two back speaker enclosures. I keep reminding her NOT to do so, on the SVTC at present. It is a hard habit for her to break. I might need to get on the ball, and see what I can do in that regard. Other than that...she's happy with the SVTC status quo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts