Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else here removed the passenger seat? I just ordered a Back rest for the driver seat and it is going to have to mount somewhere under the front of the passenger seat? At a quick glance it is hard to tell exactly how to get to the bolts holding the passenger seat on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Remove front seat and there are two bolts at the front of the rear seat. Remove them with a 10mm socket and it comes right off.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove front seat and there are two bolts at the front of the rear seat. Remove them with a 10mm socket and it comes right off.
Awesome, thanks.

My new backrest should arrive today, so I will put it on and post some pics.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm seriously debating getting one of these for my back when I drive... I have a bad lower back, chronic pain... does this have a big effect?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm seriously debating getting one of these for my back when I drive... I have a bad lower back, chronic pain... does this have a big effect?
My back pain issues are different then most, I have a tear in my Aorta and the pain manifests in my lower back, so putting pressure on it helps a ton, thus this seat back is perfect for me because I keep constant pressure on my back and never develop any pain.

So if you have muscle or Disk issues I cannot really speak to that, but so far I really like it. Did nearly 200 miles last weekend and never had any back pain when I normally would get it after 30-40 min of riding.

Considering I paid $35.00 for it, I would say go for it and see, it is cheaper than a visit to the doctor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow....what a deal. What kind of mods did you have to make to the seat? And can I pick your brain on those hard saddle bags? What brand are those? Did you get those on eBay as well? Great looking bike. Thanks for the picture.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks to good Klur! I ordered one last night. I will add pic's once it arrives and I have it installed. Any tips on your instal would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks again for the link Klur. Got mine day before yesterday and put it on last night. I will add day time pics later if anyone is interested. For the poster that has lower back pain, I also have severe lower back issues. I took it out for about a 20 mile ride after I installed it and I think it is really going to help. The upright has some "springiness" to it. It offers quite a bit of support as you throttle up and your back pushes into it. It did not require much mods for the install. The upright that bolts onto the bottom of the passenger seat comes angled down on each side and I flattened them out to fit the existing bolts under the seat better. The kit did not come with any washers so I added one for each bolt as the nuts were not much bigger than the holes in the upright. When I tightened the upright down to the bottom of the seat it must have pushed the stock hardware under the seat back a little so the stock bolts that hold the seat on were no longer long enough to go through the holes to hold the seat on. I just replaced the stock bolts with longer ones and it was a done deal. The backrest does not come with pre-drilled holes so it is a little stressful worrying about getting it right the first time. So I broke out a grease pencil and a ruler and got it done. Probably a 30 minute install time, unless you have to run out to your local Lowe's to buy a couple bolts. Sorry for the long post. Hope this helps anyone else thinking about getting one.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts