Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a comfortable passenger seat for a while. Currently have a stock seat on a 2001 Vstar 1100 Classic. The driver seat is great for me, I can spent hours on it without issue. But my wife is good for only about an hour before she needs a stop. So I'm looking for a passenger seat that will work with the stock driver seat. Today while at the Lone Star Rally we looked at what seemed liked thousands of seats. My wife saw the Ulimate seat on several bikes and liked the looks, width and padding. Does anyone out there have experience with the Ulimate seat or recommendations for other brands. Goal is to make wife happy without breaking the bank. I did go to 2 local seat upholstery shops and they were $250 plus and didn't seem to want my business. Any input appreciated.

V-Star 1100 Custom Passenger Seat - Plain or Studded

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
The driver seat is great for me, I can spent hours on it without issue. But my wife is good for only about an hour before she needs a stop. Goal is to make wife happy without breaking the bank.
I was faced with the same dilemma. I don't have a lot of extra cash to spend on motorcycle accessories, but my wife was very uncomfortable and I want her to continue riding with me. The options for passenger-only improvements are limited, especially when trying to maintain a good, clean look to the bike. I decided to bite the bullet and get the Ultimate driver, passenger, and backrest. Not only does she love it but I discovered that I could be a lot more comfortable than I thought I was.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The ultimate seat is an excellent choice. I've used the ultimate seat for 10 years and can comfortably ride all day. The passenger seat is a significant improvement over the stock one and will work with the stock driver's seat. I have the driver seat with backrest and the passenger seat. The nice thing about the seat is you can try it for two weeks and return it if you don't like it.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
...and will work with the stock driver's seat.
For some bikes, yes, but in this case apparently not. If you follow the link in his first post, Ultimate says "Yamaha® OEM passenger seat WILL NOT fit with the Ultimate V-Star 1100 Custom Midrider seat. Yamaha® OEM driver seat WILL NOT fit with the Ultimate passenger seat."

·
Registered
251 Posts
For some bikes, yes, but in this case apparently not. If you follow the link in his first post, Ultimate says "Yamaha® OEM passenger seat WILL NOT fit with the Ultimate V-Star 1100 Custom Midrider seat. Yamaha® OEM driver seat WILL NOT fit with the Ultimate passenger seat."
Thanks...my mistake. Odd that it doesn't work, since it does with my Roadstar. Thought it was of similar design.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I posted the custom seat instead of classic. The classic will fit. The rain I road in yesterday must have shrunk what little brain I had, HA HA!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts