Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these are available in LED somewhere? I've searched Amazon, e-bay, and the Internet and didn't come up with anything. I recently upgraded my headlight to LED and would like to upgrade these as well. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
As they are sealed lights, I would assume you have to replace them with a similar unit, which will fit into the housing. Possibly something liek this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HR7EUB8/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01HR7EUB8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=a54d13fc-b8a1-4ce8-b285-d77489a09cf6&pf_rd_r=N7CGXC08P8ZRY5PM8DRF&pd_rd_wg=8H0h8&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=wCMEC&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=3396ce7f-a70b-11e8-a16e-f165ee31ead5

I replaced my Yamaha passing light inserts with a DayMaker LED set, it just required some slight modification to get them to fit, essentially, modify the edge of the buckets slightly (had to make them a little thinner, as the edge of the LED lights was a tiny bit thicker, otherwise the outer ring would not close properly, and hence be not watertight anymore). Works just fine.

HTH, kind regards, Wim

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you wimg. I guess I was only looking for a direct replacement based on the 4449. I hadn't thought of simply looking for inserts that would fit in my housing.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,748 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So with the help of lesblank it looks like the PAR36 is the correct bulb. However, now I'm having a hard time finding a place to buy just 2 of them in a 12w 6000k LED. Amazon has them, but only if you buy 12 for $179.99. Anybody have any ideas on where to get just 2 for a reasonable price? Thanks!

·
6,748 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the feedback. I was able to go directly to 12vmonster - one of the Amazon vendors - and purchase 2 at a good price.

·
6,748 Posts
Great. Make sure and post back with how bright they are and quality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts