Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am really digging the look of the passing lights. I have seen the cheap eBay one, which look like junk. I have seen the cobra bar, which appears grossly over priced….

Does anyone have a source or want to part with a set of passing lights for an 1100?

Mia there anything I need to know while I am hunting for a pair?

thank you in advance

· Registered
2015 V Star 950, 2013 Suzuki S40, 1967 Yamaha YSC1, 2022 KTM 690 SMC-R
601 Posts
Reaction score
Honestly, dont bother. They look great, but provide no useful lighting, creating a very bright spot right in front of the bike that makes it difficult to see further ahead. I do not use mine at night for that reason, only during day time to be more visible to other motorists. They also vibrate a lot due to the nature of the arm and heavy buckets. And the cheap ebay ones are ugly.

· Registered
54 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, dont bother. They look great, but provide no useful lighting, creating a very bright spot right in front of the bike that makes it difficult to see further ahead. I do not use mine at night for that reason, only during day time to be more visible to other motorists. They also vibrate a lot due to the nature of the arm and heavy buckets. And the cheap ebay ones are ugly.
Thabks For the response and input OCH.I will be honest, I am not really looking for more light on the road, I just love that classic look! I won’t settle for cheap junk, and the cobra Seems pricey for what it is. I think my plan will be to see if I come across a parts bike thathas a set, or at least the bracket.

I do appreciate the insight on the vibration though.

· Registered
2015 V Star 950, 2013 Suzuki S40, 1967 Yamaha YSC1, 2022 KTM 690 SMC-R
601 Posts
Reaction score
Thabks For the response and input OCH.I will be honest, I am not really looking for more light on the road, I just love that classic look! I won’t settle for cheap junk, and the cobra Seems pricey for what it is. I think my plan will be to see if I come across a parts bike thathas a set, or at least the bracket.

I do appreciate the insight on the vibration though.
I got a set from Show Chrome, they are great looking, but vibrate a lot, and I had to add a bracket to keep them from wobbling.

See if you can get Harley lights retrofitted, they make very quality sets with fork mounted arms - should minimize vibrations.

This is what the Show Chrome set looks on my 950

· Registered
2008 vstar 1100 classic canadian edition
610 Posts
Reaction score
the one i got you don't have to piss around relocating the signals, it bolts under the headlight, and keeps the stock signal bar its in my video,

but with the dollar in the **** things are to much, i bought all my stuff in 2008 when the dollar was above par

· Registered
54 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would try to find used original equipment Yamaha. Mine don’t vibrate at all. View attachment 122357
View attachment 122356
Dang.... That is one Classy looking Bike. Love the two-tone accompanied with the white walls and passing lights. Very vintage

Does anyone know who makes this set up. I have a chance to snag the, for about $100 Can for hte bracket, passing lights and flashers.

I admit, I do not like it as much as the classic set up with the flashers underneath

· Registered
2008 vstar 1100 classic canadian edition
610 Posts
Reaction score
i think value accessories had them, if you can find them. i know its in the 2008 yamaha accessories guide, its a nice clean setup,

· Registered
54 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found a cobra light bar with lights NIB but they are for a 650 (I have an 1100). I did notice the part numbers are slightly different.
Can anyone tell me if there are any differences? And if so what?

I like the look of the cobra (or ultimately the OEM) as apposed to the photo above

· Registered
2006 Stratoliner S, 2006 FJR 1300
17 Posts
Reaction score
I found a cobra light bar with lights NIB but they are for a 650 (I have an 1100). I did notice the part numbers are slightly different.
Can anyone tell me if there are any differences? And if so what?

I like the look of the cobra (or ultimately the OEM) as apposed to the photo above
Hi, I got a set to fit a Strat from Metalroute based in Poland. They do list a set for your bike and if quality of mine are anything to go by they are worth a look. Not sure what the shipping costs to US are though. Best of luck getting what you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts