Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed before. Unfortunately most the replies were listed as links to products you guys purchased in the past and the links are now dead.

What is a decent quality charger?
I'm particularly interested in the 12v socket / cigarette lighter type because I want to use the new QC 3.0 quick charge adapter in it.
I have an old style plain usb but it charges so slow that it can't keep up with my phone when running GPS. Thus the need for the socket/ cigarette style. Needs to be able to handle 10Amps

·
Registered
560 Posts
I bought one on Amazon that plugs into my Battery Tender cable. I think it was around $10.00 I have not used it since I got it. The reason I got mine was for the possibility that I might add an older GPS that I had laying around instead of using my phone. I know there are others who have updated fairings that have that ability but I have not added a fairing so I will just use my Battery Tender cable for now. Old school or cheap...Either one is a compliment to me!

·
Registered
955 Posts
My bike cam with a battery tender setup. On Amazon, I found a USB adapter for it.
I use a regular cable phone charger for my style phone & it works just fine.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!

·
Super Moderator
4,632 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply guys.

I saw a couple other threads but like I said all the links were dead so couldn't see what others folks were using.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Brought that one back from the dead a little Les haha. The mount/charger is still running strong though. I upgraded to the S9, so a little bulkier case and all, so had to pull the rubber inserts out of the grabber things for it to fit, but still grabs it well. Still charges great while using Google Maps, bluetooth to a comms unit and streaming music.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts