Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always ride with my phone securely in handle bar mount, until yesterday. I'm leaving work yesterday and text my wife that I'm leaving. I normally put my phone in handle bar mount but was a little late leaving so I just shoved it in my pocket. I've got my Bluetooth on streaming music. Well about half way home I felt my phone coming out of my pocket. I reach down to shove back into my pocket. Well it fell out. As I'm now looking into my rear mirror the car behind me runs it over, it kicks up and into the next lane and that car hits it knocking it into the oncoming lane. Another car runs over it. The good thing is as I'm slowing down the first two cars that hit my phone are stopping. Guess they saw me drop something and stopped. I pull over to shoulder and they stopped to ask if I'm OK. My Bluetooth disconnected. So I wait patiently for clear traffic, this is a 4 lane road, 45 mph, without a divide. As I'm waiting, not one, but two more cars run over my phone. When I say run over I mean the car tires are running over it and throwing it from lane to lane. When traffic clears up I start to cross the three lanes of traffic, my music starts to play. I pick my phone up and walked back to bike. Case is still on it and everything appears to still be working. I shove it back into my pocket, securely this time. When I get home I take it out of the case and the back is broken. It's a LG V30 in a cheap case. I can say that this is one tough phone, it was run over 5 times and knock at least 50 feet. I've got a replacement on the way but wanted to share the end of a bad day yesterday.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Who knows, maybe it a good thing?

I keep my phone in the breast pocket of my TourMaster riding jacket, zipped in. If its going to rain I put it in a zip lock sandwich bag.

If someone calls I have no way to answer it, but I can usually feel it vibrate and will hear it ringing if Im stopped for a light. Unless Im expecting a call I wait till I get home to see who it was.

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
I have to agree that it was one tough phone. Most of the ones I’ve seen hit multiple times usually end up in multiple pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
were sorry
the numbers you called:

*0#

cannot be completed as dialed

please press 1 number at a time
and try again

were sorry
the numbers you called:

*0#

and try again

were sorry
the numbers you called:

*0#

and try again

were sorry
the numbers you called:

*0#

and try again

were sorry
the numbers you called:

*0#

and try again

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
That's one tough phone indeed. Apparently not as tough as a Nokia, but still....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts