Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it looks like photobucket.com wants to commit suicide. like some of you, i use it to upload photos i take so i can show them on other sites such as this one. that in itself has always been free. now i get a notification that this will no longer be free, and the cost to upgrade my membership to be able to do this again is $400/yearly. that's $400. and until then, every photo there i've linked to another site is now blank. think i'll pass.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Tried photobucket but gave up after waiting for the ads to load. Can't see paying $400 for a service I wouldn't use for free.

·
Super Moderator
4,516 Posts
I've used photobucket for a while and here lately it's been slow loading I stop. Any one out there have a better solution?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I am still able to "image link" with my free account, but it appears this is about to change. For years Photobucket has been so ridiculously slow as to be pretty much useless, and I am curious as to what other freebie sites might be out there for sharing pics on this forum. Honestly, Photobucket has such poor performance that I just cannot imagine anyone paying five dollars for its use, let alone hundreds... that's insane! To start making people pay handsomely for such poor service... well, I'm guessing it's going to be the end of Photobucket in the very near future.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
359 Posts
*Update*... As of this hour all of my vast amount of images that I have ever posted on this forum (and others) have vanished, thanks to Photobucket's new terms of service, which means that the cost of their third party hosting just went from FREE to... wait for it... $400 per year! Huh?? Is PB actually foolish enough to think that anyone would ever pay that? It's extortion, plain and simple! Imgur, here I come!!

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have emptied and deleted my Photobucket account.
Poor, poor play Photobucket!
I'm trying to get the hang of Imgur, now that Photobucket has just committed suicide... Does anyone know of an easier one to use?

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
359 Posts
make this forum capable of accepting photos from users libraries, like ebay and craigslist does, no outside venders needed
Yes, I second this! (it can't be that difficult to do) This has been my one and only pet peeve with this site. With other forums that I frequent, I simply click a button to add an image directly from my files. Sheesh, when I think of all the photos I have posted on here, and 20 times that many over on sister site CBR500Riders.com, and now they have all vanished forever...

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Super Moderator
4,516 Posts
I found an easy way for me to post pictures to site. Look at the last two post under my Flickr test post. Pictures we will posted using TinyPic. Very simple and tablet friendly. I do my forum browsing on my tablet while half way watching TV in the evening in my easy chair, yeah, I'm lazy. If you try TinyPic post a test and give feedback.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I use Tapatalk to post pics here. The only downside is that I have to use my phone. No big deal.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I found an easy way for me to post pictures to site. Look at the last two post under my Flickr test post. Pictures we will posted using TinyPic. Very simple and tablet friendly. I do my forum browsing on my tablet while half way watching TV in the evening in my easy chair, yeah, I'm lazy. If you try TinyPic post a test and give feedback.
Well, the problem I see right away with TinyPic is that it is owned/operated by you-know-who... Yup, good old Photobucket! So you just know what will be happening soon with Tinypic...

Try Imgur. Odds are that you won't have to be searching again in a few more weeks for yet another photo hosting service.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Your avatar & signature pic are still visible to me.

·
Super Moderator
4,516 Posts
Found another option, imgbb. The few times I've used it, fast, easy and free. Don't know about it long-term. Any opinions?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Found another option, imgbb. The few times I've used it, fast, easy and free. Don't know about it long-term. Any opinions?
Nice find, lesblank. Imgbb has a much less confusing interface than Imgur; is so simple to use. I am officially switching to Imgbb! I have not been successful in learning much about this site, including who owns it, but it seems to do the job with very little effort required on my part, so... perfect!

All I need now is for someone to explain to me all the different "embed" codes, for which there are plenty. (in fact 10, including 4 BBCodes alone) I simply used "BBCode Full" in my test, which worked fine, but what are the others for?

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

test shot... my wife's very first time on a motorcycle! (taken last summer)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just got a unsolicited spam mail from photobucket asking me to sign up. I have never had dealings with, or visited their website. It's legit from photobucket and not a spoof too. Looks like they just want to grind themselves dead.

·
Super Moderator
4,516 Posts
That's interesting. The other day a coworker and I were talking about uploading picture and he stated that photo bucket had sent him an unsolicited email. I recommended imgbb to him. I'm like you, photo bucket must be looking for new revenue. By the way, I'm using imgbb for all my photo posting without any issues.

·
Registered
359 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts