Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sold my V Star and bought a Raider. 2008 with a power commander, cobra pipes, and no baffles in it when I picked it up. He gave me big city thunder baffles with the bike. The bike pop pretty bad on my first ride when we got home so I but then baffles in. But I really liked the sound better without. Anybody got a good tune for straight through for a power commander?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin, I had an 1800VTX with vance hines pipes i could make that thing bang like a shotgun. I looked at a raider before i bought my VTX. Now i am old and have a little 1100 Classic. Stop by often.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I doubt you'll be able to eliminate popping if you're running open pipes, good luck with that.
I have V&H pipes (with baffles) and a FuelPak tuner on my '09. No popping ever. I have not tried it removing the baffles to see what happens then. Maybe try a partial baffle if that is an option?

·
2,742 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Someone may be able to give you some suggestions to tune it a little better but I agree with the others. Running straight pipes it's going to be hard to eliminate it completely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt you'll be able to eliminate popping if you're running open pipes, good luck with that.
I have V&H pipes (with baffles) and a FuelPak tuner on my '09. No popping ever. I have not tried it removing the baffles to see what happens then. Maybe try a partial baffle if that is an option?
I sent the ECU to Ivan for a flash. Got it back yesterday. Still have some popping. Even with the full cobra baffles in.

Maybe I don’t have the O2 sensor unplugged. Need to figure that out today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts