Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried moving the Passenger pegs/Boards?

My wife is 6' tall and has a 36" inseam, so when ridding pillion her knees are above and just past her feet and she wants to see about moving the pegs/boards down and forward a few inches.

Has anyone done this?

I have a 2007 Vstar 1300 Touring. Currently with the stock pegs on, but I plan to eventually put some boards on there for her.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You might could even find some highway pegs (the ones for the crash bars) that may work and have even more adjustment. Or have a local machine shop make you a offset bracket to fit however she wants them.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yep I moved mine further ahead due to my saddlebags:

I just used a piece of square chromed steel tubing (I've since changed the boards to a new set and cleaned up the chrome tubing I added) You can't see in this photo, but the mounting holes for the old pegs are a few inches further back:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset pegs might give the adjustment you need. You may have to create or modify the mounting bracket. I put the Longhorn offset pegs on my enigine guards.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just ordered some Kuryakyn Passenger Floorboards. As soon as they arrive I will post some pics of the installation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My wife had the same complaints whrn i first got mine. I switched from pegs to the Yamaha passenger boards and it moved the mounting a couple inch further and of course more surface area for the feet and I haven't heard any complaints yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts