Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 1100 v star in 2002, Vance & Hines open pipes and hypercharger.
I have noticed that I was on 1 / 4 throttle spark plug white. Unable to adjust with PMS, and I should replace the OEM pilot jet 17.5 for more and to size 20.
I would ask you to tell me whether you can buy just the MIKUNI pilot jet nozzle, and where can I buy them?
Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
any of the stage 2 kits would do. i sure if pilots are part of a stage 2, they are in stage 3 (why do you think it's the pilots that need upgrading?).
also what number spark plugs are you using?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Yamaha Drag Star 1100 (EU model) 2002 yer, 44000 km (29000mph) and I have hypercharger with the accompanying Jet Kit and Vance & Hines open guns.
I just installed hypercharger PRO R and made rejjet carburetor.
PMS is a 2 circuit turn out (kyriakin recommendation). Synching Carburetors and everything is connected according to instructions.Vacuum lines are checked, they were OK.
Engine is going well in all gears (1-5) but I noticed that when starting from the place a little less pull.
I have a problem is with the frequent backfire on decel. At idle throttle occasionally hear a faint light - backfire on the front cylinder exhaust and the engine is uneven.
I tried PMS is a more 1/2 circuit turn out and much less is heard is with the frequent backfire on decel but still hear a faint light - backfire on the front cylinder exhaust and the engine is uneven.
Spark plug the new and I use NGK-BPR7ES

Sorry, my English is bad.

Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ok i asked about the spark plugs because a white spark plug could also mean wrong plug number (too "hot"), as well as the mixture being too lean.

Which groove (from blunt end of needle) is the c-clip at ?

I have an 02 dragstar too and i installed a dynojet stage 1 kit as per instructions, but still got the small backfires like you have. So i moved the c-clip from groove 3 to groove 4, and it stopped the backfire.
PMS was at 3 turns too.

It is better to run too rich than too lean.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, am more concerned at idle throttle occasionally hear a faint light - backfire on the front cylinder exhaust and the engine is uneven.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts