Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title basically covers it, my current front is in need of replacement and I was wondering if this was a good fit. The guy at the tire place said it would be, but he's also trying to sell tires.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Title basically covers it, my current front is in need of replacement and I was wondering if this was a good fit. The guy at the tire place said it would be, but he's also trying to sell tires.
That depends, @Hardy12000. I don't have any experience with that tire but, a quick check shows they don't make that tire in the OEM size for that bike. I'm seeing it should be a 130/70 18. The only 18" tires for the Pirelli Sport Demon are 100/90, 110/80 and, 110/90. Otherwise, if you've changed rims or OK with a smaller tire, they look to have generally good reviews on Bike Bandit and Revzilla.
Wait! They make that size but designed for the Rear Tire. I have no idea whether tt's acceptable/safe to run a "rear" tire on the front or not. Maybe someone else knows. Source: pirelli.com - Sport Demon

Reactions: bevo1981

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh. The dude at the tire shop fount it no problem and had it ordered. I ended up calling back and switching over to the pirelli night dragon. I think it'll be better for what I'm working with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts