Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to plan a trip but not sure when or where to go. Was hoping people will chime in with their suggestions. Either going to go to Northern part of Arkansas and Missouri or maybe South Carolina. Or maybe head west and end up in Sioux City South Dakota. I guess I could also head east and end up in Maine. Coming out of Toronto Canada so really open as to which way to point the bike. Going to North Carolina in September to the regional meet 'n greet so will hit Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia etc on the way there so don't want to duplicate that route.

Thoughts from anyone about time of year to go and what destination would you pick if it were you?
Thanks,

·
Registered
133 Posts
If I were lucky enough to have the time to go anywhere the bike would go... hmmm... I'd want to go on a waterfalls route... a customer at my store showed me a route that takes you along to 11 or 12 waterfalls.... it looked like a decent ride and the waterfalls would be gorgeous (especially with all the rain we've had in the US)..... Just a thought....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like a nice trip. Do you have a general start point, direction and end point? I'm trying to set up a week and a half to two trip myself. As it's my first long one, my destination is Florida to visit family with stops in between on the way there to see my son in SC and then on the way back in TN and VA to see family and friends and hopefully ride the Tail of the Dragon along the way back to Maryland. I was hoping to make it a spring trip but think it's now moving out to fall trip.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I will have to get with my friend and have him send me the map that he showed me.... I will post it on this feed when I receive it...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a nice trip. Do you have a general start point, direction and end point? I'm trying to set up a week and a half to two trip myself. As it's my first long one, my destination is Florida to visit family with stops in between on the way there to see my son in SC and then on the way back in TN and VA to see family and friends and hopefully ride the Tail of the Dragon along the way back to Maryland. I was hoping to make it a spring trip but think it's now moving out to fall trip.
You have to do the back of the dragon and the claw of the dragon as well. The back is 32 miles that starts in Marion VA and the claw starts in Wytheville VA.

I like PI Girl's waterfall tour idea. Right now I have no set plan for the trip, just looking for recommendations and ideas from people. I am going to the regional meet and greet in North Carolina in September. If you have a chance you should definitely try to attend this, it's amazing with lots of great riding and camaraderie going on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would ether head east and end up in Maine or go to Missouri and Arkansas. Those would be the more scenic routes. I have been to Sioux City SD three times on a bike. Once you get past Kansas City headed north not much to see other than corn fields. West form Sioux City is scenic and the Sturgis area is great riding when the rally is not happening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts