Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,199 Posts
Intake boots is what I call them. Yamaha calls them Joint,Carburetor 1 or 2.

Wow, that's a really bad one. Usually they just have minor cracks and start to bleed a little air. How was that even running?

They are a little bit expensive for genuine OEM, but I've also heard you should pay the money and avoid the knock-offs. Because the material in the cheap ones won't last.

Reactions: Boog and Lorax

·
Registered
756 Posts
sites like Partzilla, Revzilla, Bike Bandit have part diagrams with parts labelled and pricing. These intake manifolds are on the intake diagram. Also replace the orings that seal each to the cylinder and I noticed you are missing one of the clamps.

·
Registered
1999 Yamaha Vstar 650 Classic
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes so this is what happened. the bike was running and all of a sudden i heard a really loud pop. i couldn’t find it for days. so i was looking around and noticed a liquidy substance coming from the clamp that was around this boot. so i took off the clamp and behold the monsterous crack lmfao

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,199 Posts
Sounds like you had a backfire, and that pressure popped that boot.

dmil is right about finding the parts. Yamaha puts those on their Intake slide, instead of the Carb slide where you might expect. They aren't too bad for your 650. Only $39 each.

·
Registered
1999 Yamaha Vstar 650 Classic
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i have a yamaha dealer over here. parts should be here tuesday

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,286 Posts
In the meantime...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also, there is a "Self Fusing" silicone tape that can be used for a pretty durable repair. It's fuel resistant, stretchy, and it sticks to itself pretty well. Over time, it will fuse to itself and you will have to cut it to get it loose. We used it in the Aerospace industry. It's available under different brand names at your favorite online store and I've even bought it at the neighborhood builder's supply.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts