Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was knocking the bugs off my 1300 last night and realized the end plug was missing on the OEM throttle side grip. I know I can order one but anyone know of a something I could pick up at a hardware store that would be a suitable replacement? I've used those cheap plastic chrome covers before on another bike and might just try that. Looks like some moisture has gotten up in there as it appeared a tinge rusty - that's what caught my eye.

Maybe this is a sign that I need to go ahead and install the used RSTD bars I picked up a few months ago with some new grips!:cool:

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm thinking that the grip end is weighted to reduce vibration. A non motorcycle part in this application likely won't provide the designed performance.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Gotcha, I understand that the whole end isn't missing...my error. I think I'm missing the same cap in the same place.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm thinking that the grip end is weighted to reduce vibration. A non motorcycle part in this application likely won't provide the designed performance.
I've gotten rid of the bar end weights on 3 different bikes in the last 4 years and can't tell any difference.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, and there is a Fastenel type shop close by, but this is some kind of plug with an unusual fitment. That is not a bad idea to try them though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
342 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts