Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my pods kit in from metric magic. My bike is a vstar 1100 classic with a 2 into 1 cobra exhaust. Otherwise the motor is stock.

Got the carbs off no problem. It came with the two air filters and elbows, look easy enough to install.

2 pilot jets, those went in easy as well as the two main jets (20s).

That all went pretty well. I had minimum problems installing everything and was surprised how easy it was. I only had one screw of the 8 give me a problem coming out (which caused me to nick one of the solenoid wires with the dremel when getting the screw out, but it was just the wire casing, seems easy to fix). As someone who has never really tackled this kind of thing before, I found the combination of the helpful people on this forum and a few online step by steps made this much easier to do than I thought it would be. I only have a few questions left before I reassemble this and put it back on.

1) Do those jets sound right? I trust Tim, he has been awesome, but looking online the numbers vary so much. He told me he put everything I need to get this up and running.
2) A lot of the online tutorials mention PMS screw which were not included. Do you guys feel these are necessary? If everyone seems to agree, I will get a hold of a few and hold off on putting this back together.
3) The one thing that the kit came with that I really am unsure of what to do with is what appears to be a small crank case cover breather? I honestly have no idea what I am supposed to do with it, and its really only a guess as to that being what it actually is.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You probably got 20 pilots and 150 mains from Tim. That is the most common set up.

If you are unsure on the filter....just call Tim, he'll fill you in.

I like Tim''s PMS thumbscrews..they make adjusting the PMS a 2 second operation.....but you can always get those later. Get those carbs back on and ride it....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts