Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read an article in today's newspaper where a TV news anchor got herself in hot water over her choice of words. She was talking about "recent criticism" for casting white actors "in what one might assume should be a role reserved for colored people". It was the reference to "colored people" ... well, apparently you can't use that as it's deemed as a racial slur. Instead, you must now use "people of color" .... DOH!!

:confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Personally, I divide the world into two groups. Decent folks, and a$$holes. What shade of skin you got has nothing to do with it... I don't assume you're decent folks because of your skin, nor will I cut you a break for being an a-hole due to your skin tone. I'll admit one prejudice: I do tend to presume bikers (of whatever tone) are less likely to be a$$holes... But I'll tell you experience has suggested to me I'm right on that count.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
: I do tend to presume bikers (of whatever tone) are less likely to be a$$holes... But I'll tell you experience has suggested to me I'm right on that count.
I had a good friend once and he rode a bike occasionally but I'd not call him a 'biker'. He turned out to be an A$$HOLE ... needless to say, we're no longer friends LOL

·
Registered
421 Posts
I just enrolled in a local Community College, and as part of the first few days was required to attend a class on Title IX. I told the instructor it reminded me of the old Race Relations classes the Air Force held many years ago. She did not seem impressed. While the class (or "orientation") was interesting, it was Political Correctness carried to extremes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts