Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in Florida as of July 1 it will not be required to have a MC licence for a Poolaris Slingshot. Although, for what they cost I can get a reeeeaaaaaallly nice bike for. I am not sure why someone would want one. I rented one a year or so ago. I hated it. It was noisy, both wind noise and the car itself was noisy. Clanks, rattles and clunks. Noises no good machine should make.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Never drove one but I did sit in one at the dealer once. Not at all comfortable and I can't see how it would be pleasurable to drive. It's more like a Miata than a motorcycle so why would you need a MC license? like you said, for the price you could get yourself one helluva a motorcycle, or even two really nice used ones.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
The engineering elegance of a motorcycle, being able to not only balance itself at speed, but to go around curves in perfect balance, with every part of the machine leaning and twisting its frame into the direction of the curve

and then with the slightest pressure on the grip the bike leans over the other way on an S curve

or with the twist of your wrist the machine speeds up, straightens out and stands up, pulling into the straight-away.

If you can ride a motorcycle, why would you tack on a third wheel and totally destroy every aspect of that experience?!

·
Registered
909 Posts
... If you can ride a motorcycle, why would you tack on a third wheel and totally destroy every aspect of that experience?!
Because I love being 'in the wind' and three wheels is far more stable and vastly safer in the sleet and snow. If I could justify the cost I would own a Morgan 3-wheeler as my winter-time ride.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
^ LOL - I dont think slingshot makes an all wheel drive version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts