Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an early appointment to get the front tire replaced today, and as luck would have it the fog was down to the ground dense. Naturally the bike was filthy when I got it home (in bright sunlight:mad:) so I spent most of the afternoon bringing back to its normal cherry condition:)

During the course of the evolution I grabbed a 2 gallon hand pump pressure tank, (the kind you get from home/garden stores to use for spraying trees/plants, etc.) and tried it out on all those hard to reach places that picked up road film/dirt with the fog.

Eureka!! A mini pressure washer that doesn't damage anything, doesn't leave your wash area looking like a berth for Noah's Ark, is totally portable, needs no power source, and can clean in all the little crevices!!:) With the adjustable nozzle and pressure, you can go from fine mist to stream. I like it a lot:) You can also fill them with soap/cleaner mixes for that tough, ground in dirt....:D:D:D

You can find these little sprayer/tanks at any home store and they go for about $7 - $9 USD for the 2 gallon size.

So for those who don't want to drag out a hose and go through 50 gallons of wasted water doing your bike, these are just the thing:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
That's a pretty cool idea. It would come in handy at the beginning and end of riding season, and those occasional days in the winter that I go out for a spin and need to get the salt off right away. In the past I've washed it in the garage/basement on those occasions, with the hose, and needless to say it isn't the easiest to contain the spray in that area. I'll have to remember the idea.:)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Thanks that sounds like a good idea.I'll have to dig through my shed,I know ones in that mess somewhere. Oh great now the wife will want me to clean the shed out. Thanks a lot Springer good idea just turned into a day of hard labor.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Thanks that sounds like a good idea.I'll have to dig through my shed,I know ones in that mess somewhere. Oh great now the wife will want me to clean the shed out. Thanks a lot Springer good idea just turned into a day of hard labor.
Here's my prediction, you'll spend a better part of Satutrday finding it, cleaning and reorganizing the shed and when you go to use the sprayer it won't work. Those things don't handle winters very well. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
????

Well you do have to empty it before freeze-up;)

I have three of the things and they live in the unheated barn all winter. No problems...
That's why the handle of my spray has a large amount of gaffa tape round it :( They are also very good for washing of the soap suds before you dry it off with a shammy or micro cloth.:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts