Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Portable bluetooth speakers

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Rojogrande79 
#1 ·
I was looking for some music output while riding. I don't think I am comfortable with earbuds. I am not really wanting to attach speakers to my batery either.
I am looking at Ultimate Ears boom 2. There is a case for it that you can attach to your bike. So it can be used for others thing like boating or firepit. Anyone have experience with a portable bluetooth speaker that is not solely intended for a bike?

#7 ·
truth is, any external speaker system is going to be fighting wind/road/bike noise. but there are a lot of systems available out there that people enjoy and can hear up to reasonable road speeds. but my personal recommendation is what i use which is streaming from my smartphone with a great set of earbuds.

#8 ·
I love my Sena headset...I get communication, ability to be reached in an emergency and to listen to my ipod all day. Works for me. With a full face helmet, speakers on the handlebars probably aren't going to do me much good anyway.

Reactions: YammyV
#11 ·
It's the Jawbone mini Jambox. I could see strapping that to the bike.
I have the blue one.. I wonder how well it would work.. Because the battery life on it is pretty damned good.. And you could always run it off of a car charger.. I might have to try and find a way to mount it and see.. Would also be interesting to see how it handled phone calls on the road.. haha Hardest part will be mounting my phone so that I can charge it's battery as well. Thanks for the idea!

eGo

#13 · (Edited)
I tried multiple bluetooth speakers myself, all with little to no success. The closest I got was the Motorola Deck that I'd picked up on Groupon, but that was only fine for around town. Once I got to where I had engine AND highway-speed winds I could hardly hear a thing. After multiple attempts I ended up wiring in a Boss 600w speaker system, and put the amp in the toolbag space. As long as you don't have anything that will drain (an LED for example) you shouldn't have an issue. I have no issues starting my Star after she sits for two weeks. I just want to share my experience, I wasn't happy until I got something loud enough to actually hear. I recommend mounting a system if you want something out of the helmet.

*Sorry, my stereo goes through the switched power (you should be able to find the lead if you have a manual) and my USB chargers go directly to the battery. This means my chargers will work with no key, but my stereo is not powered at all without the key on. I've been running this setup without issue for plenty of miles now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.