Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Your main concern should be with wanting to ride it all of the time. I remember when the V-Max was new, it was such a groundbreaking bike of the era and was one of the quickest production bikes... very intoxicating acceleration that made it difficult to not always go WOT. At the time Kawasaki offered the 900 Eliminator using the 900 Ninja motor, Honda had the V65 Magna and Suzuki's offering was the 1200cc Madura powered by a V4. What I remember most about the first gen V-Max was the seat that felt like a horse saddle... kinda hard and round.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I saw one of those for sale around here so I did some research on them. There were no mentions of any mechanical issues other than they can get a little squirrelly when you get on the throttle. That seat shape has a purpose - to keep you from sliding off if you don't have a firm grip on the handlebars when you twist the right grip and the 145 horses kick you in the ass. Definitely not for the faint of heart. But like the VStars, they built them for over ten years without making any significant changes so they must've got it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts