Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a 2009 VStar 1100 Classic.

Is there any typical problems with these bikes that I should look for or be aware of for future?

It has just under 3000 miles on it, so its still basically new, has had a performance exhaust put on it.

Any help or things to look for would be great.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
890 Posts
The only problem I've encountered with my 1100 Classic is the permanent smile that I can't get off my face. I've just learned to live with it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am looking at purchasing a 2009 VStar 1100 Classic.

Is there any typical problems with these bikes that I should look for or be aware of for future?

It has just under 3000 miles on it, so its still basically new, has had a performance exhaust put on it.

Any help or things to look for would be great.

Thanks,

Steve
just find out what the previous owner has done to it, has he serviced it himself or at a stealership. How much do you trust the guy...There arent many problems with these bikes (I own one and love it), only problems Ive had are ones Ive created myself.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Can't go wrong with the 1100. Like Green said, ask the owner for service records, if he jetted the carbs and what did he install for jets, is the AIS disabled? Then once you get it, change out all of the fluids, engine, final drive, brake and blinker. Then allmyou have to domis get used to the perma smile.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That one fell through, sold before I got to it.

Looking at a 2002 with 32k miles, owner says its always been serviced by yamaha dealer.

Anything I should look at or worry about with 32k on it. More miles than I see on most, so wasn't sure.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Personally I wouldn't buy one with those miles on it. Not that its anywhere near its lifespan from what I have heard I just wouldn't myself. If you even plan on changing to a different model the first thing a buyer is gonna do is ask the exact same question you did about mileage plus then it will have even more on it. I'm sure there are many out there that wouldn't hesitate purchase I just wouldn't myself. Unless of course the price was extremely enticing.:p
What is the asking price if you don't mind saying?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don't have a problem with the mileage. For a bike that is 12 years old, 32k is not that high. I do think the price is too high tho. Maybe if he knocked a $1000 off it, I'd consider buying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts